Monday, January 12, 2015

He Proposed!!!

This is my first blog entry... and I'm starting with the proposal!

Although the B and I have been talking about getting married for almost five months now, it didn't really get real until we sat down and compromised over the rings.

After a long discussion, we agreed that the engagement ring needed to be something simple and not too gaudy even though that's what I was aiming for at first and it needed to be something that would look good with the wedding band.

So we headed out to the department stores in Tachikawa and I tried on some rings. 

The B has never cared about diamonds before so I had to show him what different weights and shapes looked like on me so we could choose something we both liked.

We ended up ordering a 2 ct. total weight bridal set on Kay Jewelers in mid-December.

Normally the wait would've been excruciating, but I went on a whim and took a trip to Paris with my friend BB.  The trip definitely was worth it and I was still able to get the updates on the ring's travel from the B as he was tracking the package online.

I got back to Tokyo from Paris a few days after the New Year and went straight to the B's.  We had plans to meet my friend on Sunday who was down in Tokyo for the day for a seminar.  So we met her and her daughter in Shibuya and had lunch at Shakey's pizza.  After lunch, the B said we should go to the metropolitan building to check out the sunset.  I have lived in Japan for almost seven years, four of which being here in Tokyo, and I had yet to visit that building. 

We headed to Shinjuku and there were quite a few people up on the observatory floor.  

It was a bit cloudy so we didn't get a clear view of Mt. Fuji, but it was still nice to see the 360 view from the center of Tokyo. 

After that, we headed home and watched the B's favorite Japanese TV shows, Tetsuwan Dash and Itte Q.  He had to work today, but I have the day off because it's "Seijin no Hi" (Coming of Age Day).  So I decided to just relax and take my time with going back to my place with all of my Paris goodies.

This morning his alarm went off at 4:45 and he ran into the living room and bathroom to turn on the heaters like he does every morning.  Japanese apartments SUCK when it comes to insulation and heating... I really don't understand why they have yet to jump on the central heating bandwagon,

He jumped back to bed and was ice cold.  I was trying my best to avoid his ice cold hands but he grabbed my hand and slipped the ring on my finger.

(O_O)

Then he asked, "Will you marry me?"

I was still half asleep but the combination of his cold hands, the cold ring and the shock of what was happening....

I said.... "Yes!" after a few seconds of letting my half-asleep brain process what was going on.

Then I teased that I didn't really have a choice in what my reply was since the ring was already on my finger to which he said that it wasn't like I was going to say no to the ring I helped him choose.

It was still a little before 5am, so I couldn't really see the ring and I didn't want to be blinded by him turning on the light, so I just felt it and held it up to the faint light coming through the Japanese paper door to the lawn.

Then, he had to get ready for work and was on his way.

Now I'm sitting here on the couch with a cup of coffee, admiring my good taste in jewelry. Lol




No comments:

Post a Comment