Monday, March 23, 2015

Last Day of School...

School has come to an end and it was pretty hard to say goodbye to my kiddos.  

Last school year, I was in charge of three kids from the US, Taiwan and Iraq, but this year I was challenged with a class of 11.  They came from the US, Dominican Republic, Iraq, Pakistan, Poland, the Philippines, Australia, the UK and Scotland.  

Working at HMES was as much of a learning experience for me as it is for my students.  I hope Japan takes this pilot program to the next level and expands it beyond this school.  I have seen foreign students who are put into Japanese public school without any support and it's an uphill battle for them.  Having a program like this available  helps these kids grow and is a really good way to ease them into the special culture and language this country has.


Looking forward to seeing these kids again a few times before I leave and all of the wedding planning I have ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment