Thursday, March 5, 2015

Order Made Kokechi

I Gunma is home of the Usaburo Sosaku Kokeshi doll (卯三郎創作こけし) and I remember getting one from my boss and also giving one to my friend as a housewarming gift. So I thought it would be the perfect thing to have for my wedding!

Upon searching through their website (http://www.usaburo.com/en/about/index.html), I thought I could have the B and I bond over the kokeshi making class they have... 

But right now it's not available. 

So I googled a bit deeper and when I searched for "Bridal Kokeshi," I found 卯三郎の孫 produced "Kokechi" and I realized I had bought their Doraemon kokeshi for Bb when she moved to Tokyo!

So I jumped on my gmail and sent an inquiry.

After much discussion and pleading, the artist O-San agreed to accept my order on Saturday when Chika-chan when to the shop in Maebashi even though they are very busy. 

I decided I needed to get my order in this week and started thinking about it over the weekend. 

I knew I wanted to use these aloha print shirts 


because we haven't decided on our wedding outfits yet, this green shirt is one of three aloha print articles of clothes the B has, plus our wedding will be in Hawaii and our new home for the next four years will also be in Hawaii. 

Then, on Tuesday I drew my rough sketches. 

And tonight before and after my part-time job in Shinagawa, I managed to finish my colored sketches to send to O-San. 

I don't know how detailed she will be able to draw them in, but the aloha part is almost as important as my birthmark. 

I emailed the photos to her earlier tonight so hopefully I'll hear good things from her soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment